Planting of hemp 7th November 2013 one month late.
Wettest October since 1947.
Ten weeks growing period 16th Jan 2014.
Monday 4th Nov – Spray off with round-up by Michael – Area 1.86Ha
Wednesday 6th Nov – Plough by John
Thursday 7th Nov –
- Take soil test – Dan – Roberts $100
- Spread 5 tonne dolomite – Circular Head Dolomite $
- Spread 20 tonne lime-sand $
- Spread 1.5 tonne fertiliser 10N 11P 15 K by Tas (10-14-14 Peter)
- Clean seed – 5mm sieve by David
- Rotera/sow by John 160kg/Ha (59% germination applied 320kg on 2Ha ca 80kg viable seed per Ha)
Friday 7th Nov – 40mm rainfall – by Nature $0
Seed Need soil pH > 6
- Seed harvest Michael 400kg 59% viable 2nd Apr 2013 – $
- Seed drying – David, Harry and Ray
- Seed winnowing – David
- Seed storage / drying – Heazlewood
- Seed cleaning 5mm sieve – David.
- Silage 53 bales
- 30 tonne dolomite / lime
- Plant peas and oats manure crop